Monday, March 3, 2008

WEEK SIX: response.

I'd like to respond to our Meredith Prototype design presentations Tuesday morning. As part of the development process of our commissioned prototype magazines for Meredith Corporation, my group, ReadyMade 2, has come up with a magazine called Flux. I talked a bit about it in my critique, so I won't bore you anymore about the concept. 

I went into the presentations thinking it was going to be a really nerve-racking ordeal. However, at least for me, seemed really relaxed. Our group's four editors seemed really pleased with what we turned out and I think we have four GREAT options for Flux's design.

I think its ironic that we all work so hard on these prototypes, and at the same time I heard a lot of people saying this morning that they hope their prototype isn't chosen because it would just mean more work later in the semester. While I see the point made by these statements, I have to say that being somewhat controlling and passionate about my own ideas, I would love for my design to be chosen. I really love having leadership positions, so I feel like leading my "assistant art directors" would be awesome. This is obviously not a reality at this point, so we will see.

I was surprised to hear how many of our classmates actually pulled an all-nighter in the lab to finish the project. I honestly have never stayed up later than 3 a.m. doing homework before, and my project was done Sunday night, so I feel bad that everyone was so stressed!

tbw.

No comments: