Monday, February 11, 2008

WEEK THREE: you can't miss.

This week, you can't miss an interview I found on ilovetypography.com with type designer Jean François Porchez. He mentioned Frutiger as one of the sources of insight that influenced him in understanding type. I really enjoyed reading about the fonts he has completed and how he got to that point of completion. I can imagine that designing a font is something we would all like to be able to revise over and over, but once you get to a certain point, it's complete. It's also interesting to read other type designers whom he admires, as well as specific typefaces that he likes from those designers.


And this is just fun:

tbw.

4 comments:

Jenny said...

My family is pretty obsessed with playing scrabble so that chocolate scrabble is just about the coolest thing I've ever seen. So fun!

Rachel said...

Srabble AND chocolate? That sounds too dangerous for me!

LED said...

The interview you linked to was interesting. It's amazing that only 20 percent of the work is actually designing the font. I'm not sure I would have the patience to the other 80%.

becky sternberg. said...

I'm not a huge scrabble fan, because i'm horrible at spelling. but i'm curious to find out what happens to your game if the letters melt.