So I have a new-found obsession with type design. I called my mom last week and told her that one of my goals to accomplish before I die is to design my own font. Freaky, I know. So, this week, you can't miss this video on Gotham, a Hoefler and Frere-Jones type. They're my new idols after I visited their website and read all the witty blurbs of text. Check out the video for sure, courtesy of ilovetypography.com:
According to this same post on the blog entitled "A Font We Can Believe In," Barack Obama has "voted" for Gotham, a Hoefler & Frere-Jones type that's being made into its own documentary post-Helvetica.
tbw.

2 comments:
I went to ilovetypography, and it was amazing! To be honest, I haven't been much of a typography feind ...yet.I usually get kind of frustrated that nothing ever looks quite right or that nothing just really pops out at me. But that site was great! I loved looking at all the winners that the TDC chose.
that's really cool that you aspire to design your own font. i see that they just released Archer, which is an interesting mix of serifs and dots. i probably wouldnt have thought of that, hence, why i wont be designing a font anytime soon. good luck w that!
Post a Comment