Tuesday, April 1, 2008

WEEK NINE: critique.

So before break, I forgot to post the first drafts of our commissioned Katy Magazine covers and logos. The first round of covers looks kind of crappy because of the horrible cover photos, but the logos turned out alright. I think the main problem with my logos, and feel free to weigh in, is that they all look too young. I had trouble using serif fonts well, I guess, so many of my logos were too far departed from what Columbia Home and Lifestyle Magazine already has.




My revisions are much more pleasant. I agree with the class in saying that the middle cover (with the room photo) is the best cover and logo. It is structured to resemble a window in a home, while still leaving out the actual word "home." The other logos are OK, but I expect the editors from the magazine might think they're too young.



Our Meredith Prototype, Flux, is hopefully coming along well. My feature is near complete, and currently looks like this:




I basically adapted my prototype's colors, was provided with different art, and obviously chose different colors and had to fit a lot of extra information. I'm happy with it, so I hope my group members are also.

tbw.



1 comment:

LED said...

Your Flux feature looks fantastic. I love the typeface.