Tuesday, April 1, 2008

WEEK NINE: response.

Another green issue, that of Vanity Fair this month, could be an interesting way for us all to research and gain some perspective prior to producing our own Green Issue of Vox. VF's homepage exemplifies an illustration style that we all can try for our own features, and is a great example of using some boring or less-that-perfect art in a new way, much like Angela Pierchorowicz from St. Louis Magazine talked about at the MAP Summit

On the page entitled "The Full Madonna" a portfolio of Madonna's previous career cover appearances is chronicled in pictures. I found it slightly more interesting to compare a Green Issue's cover from several years ago with this year's cover:



We all discussed the previous Green Issue cover for it's merits as an homage to an older significant photograph, making it relatively significant itself. I enjoy almost all of the Madonna covers as well as the previous Green Issue covers, so take a look online and see for yourself.

tbw.

1 comment:

Nothing said...

Boo! I hate Madonna.