Tuesday, April 1, 2008

WEEK NINE: you can't miss.

This week, ilovetypography.com has a ton of interesting content. Here are my picks:

Arial vs. Helvetica: This side-by-side comparison of the two similarly structured, yet differently developed universal typefaces goes into the types's origins, creators, history, and very specific characteristics, such as glyphs. A definite you can't miss, especially the thoughtful comments readers left after the post.

Typoholism: This Q&A with a certified typoholic supplies laughs and a very complete list of symptoms of typoholism. We should all probably be checked out for this. I personally am guilty of symptoms 2, 6, and 7...

Book Review: This review of our text Thinking with Type is very positive. I thought a look at it might reform any Lupton doubters in our class.

Erik Spiekermann: Finally, I've included a video of one of the expert, and more hilarious, opinions in Helvetica. Spiekermann is a typographic veteran, known for his blunt take on the industry, so take a look...



tbw.

1 comment:

DSÑO said...

You're right: we should all be tested for typoholism. I'm also guilty of symptoms 2 and 7 hahaha This was a fun post!