Monday, April 7, 2008

WEEK TEN: critique.

My design work this week was limited, as I had finished a lot of my work ahead of time and included it last week in my blog critique. I completed an additional page in our prototype magazine, Flux, along with designing my Arrow Rock book cover. My website is also complete now, but it needs some work in animation and finishing touches.

My department page in Flux is pretty self explanatory. It was a slight challenge because I technically had two "departments" on one page, but one of the departments was a very short one paragraph blurb. I chose to downplay the Quick Fix dept. and have the Useless Collections department dominate the page. I was really glad we were able to include my Quick Fix art; the paint palette stock photo works really well with the topic of the department.



In my Arrow Rock book cover, I tried to keep the design simple to showcase the photography. I thought a modified color block design would be nice, making the spine two colors when the book is folded. I also just chose to use the fonts they are using in the book. I thought it would tie the entire piece together better and make it more cohesive.



Finally, go ahead and visit my website. It is mostly complete. I would REALLY appreciate any suggestions on how to animate the intro, as well as any other changes you all think I should make.

tbw.

No comments: